The applicant should also be able to communicate clearly and effectively with both the ranch owner and veterinarian while providing essential care to mares and foals. The foaling attendant's nightly duties will include:
• Assisting the veterinarian with night palpations, breeding, and mare/foal care.
• Diligently checking and assessing pregnant mares; as well as, walking through stallions and other horses on the property.
• Foaling out Mares-- this means that the attendant will supervise the mare through-out the duration of labor and assist during her delivery when necessary.
• Foaling attendants are responsible for providing excellent after-care to both mares and foals.
• Administering any night time treatments and occasionally running IV fluids.
• Attendants will also be responsible for cleaning laboratories, office spaces, and washing breeding dishes.
• Foaling attendants will work 3 nights per week from 6:00pm to 7:00 am.
• Previous foaling experience preferred.
At Royal Vista Ranches we specialize in stallion and mare management, and we strive to provide customized care to race horses and performance horses alike. We are looking for dependable and accountable individuals to join our team! Help Royal Vista Ranches usher the next generation of champions into the world.
Please contact Laura Erickson at 405-449-7575 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.